Lloyd´s Register Americas Headquarters
This project is the America´s Headquarters for Lloyd´s Register, one of the world´s most respected and largest Quality Assurance Companies. We were tasked with integrating the original corporate office plus 4 additional recently acquired businesses into a single facility. Through an all day visioning session with executives, management and staff representatives an idea was developed of a colorful, fun, highly open and collaborative work environment. One other desire was that other than the 5 business leaders, all other management offices would be pulled off the glass and placed internally with glass fronts. Low panel glass topped workstations in a standard configuration were used for 90% of all staff leaving only 10% of the employees in private offices. The office and workstation configuration was designed to a tight standard to facilitate only people moves in the future to accommodate business changes.
The design of the space is based on a Client Center approach with a Reception and gathering area supported by 6 different size conference and meeting spaces including video conferencing. Immediately adjacent is a large multi-purpose training facility that features a catering kitchen, multiple breakout areas, a large open room to seat 108 that sub-divides into 3 large rooms or combinations — all fully supported with state of the art AV. Unique to their former offices the open areas also have collaborative meeting spaces in the open areas using stand up / bar height "Mingle" tables. These provide for quick hardware supported video conferencing, media conferencing, or online discussions for collaboration or problem solving. Bistro-style coffee bars support the work areas and a large kitchen / breakroom is located near the front and elevators for staff and client lunch support if needed.
Finishes in the client center are vein cut limestone tile, wood and leather wall panels and a dark espresso color cut pile carpeting. Throughout the open plan staff areas is a highly patterned cushion backed carpet tile; three shades of neutral warm grey accented by 6 bright accent paints, and clear and frosted glass office fronts. The office doors and all circulation side surfaces of the open workstations are dressed in a vertical grain dark cherry wood veneer to add depth and richness to this bright and light environment. In addition to extensive use of indirect open plan lighting, the space also uses highly energy efficient LED accent lighting throughout.